Be a 100%'er

Plato once said, "The first and best victory is to conquer self." If we but learn to do this one task think of what mankind could accomplish. As I viewed N. Eldon Tanners talk I was greatly impressed by his words used to describe, what he called, a "100%'er" and how to giver our very best to what we say we will do so as to prove worthy before the Lord in the last day. I can't help but tie this into running a business one day. How remarkable and it is to be taught about integrity now in our crazy lives where it is so easy to cheat, steal and lie without anyone even knowing. The readings this week seemed long and confusing this week. The article, So You Want to be an Entrepreneur did say some good stuff regarding how to start. First is to know the competitive structure of the industry. This is proven most valuable because it will give us the ability to "spot/size an extraordinary opportunity when you see one." My favorite point given was, "Be aware of complimentary partners." I want to find someone who complements my skills, contacts, and chemistry. I think this is most important because a good complimentary partner can give a voice to matters that you would have never voiced due to different backgrounds and experiences. I can't wait to start seeing results in my life! My current mentor is Anthony Robbins and have been listening to him each morning doing exercises to help me exercise my personal power. Something he has taught me is that pain and pleasure are the two things that cause us as humans act, or not act, mainly pain. A couple of weeks ago my professor gave us an assignment that required us to write down a declaration that we would read each morning. I have done that this week. I shouted them loudly proclaiming my desires! It was fun because my roommates all heard me, I thought they would be shocked, and they were. It's been a week of sticking to my goals, and trying to be a 100%'er.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surrounded by knowledge and opportunity