What I've learned and experienced so far this week:
This week my mind has been surprisingly calm and content. What makes this ironic is because my dad and sister have been down in Rexburg to visit me. So instead of doing the usual homework school grind, we have been partying! It was wonderful to see my sister Allison especially :)
This week hasn't been all just movies, car searching, and junk food (although that was a lot of what went on). I've had a lot of time to think during these hours together and the principle of decisiveness and making choices has been on my mind. Jeff Hawkins says, "Success is not always about working harder, it's about making the right decisions." I know that spending time with my family this week was the right choice. I also know that it is the right choice to take seriously your education and not procrastinate you homework. One may say, "How can it be possible that you can do both, spend time with your family, and do your study's?" Well this all depends upon your priority's. Throughout reading chapter 7 of, 'The ministry of business' I have started making my personal constitution. I have started to learn about the benefits of being a diligent goal setter!

What I look forward to experiencing:
The daily everyday tasks for me can sometimes be done easily without passion or fuel. During this weeks process of setting long-term goals, in which I most definitely look forward to, the then daily tasks 'goals' don't seem so boring. For example, one of my goals is to 'Find good mentors'. This is something I have really wanted to do for a while now. My long term goal involves an accountability between me and my mentor. He with me working together as business partners or as friends. Either way he will be a close friend who will encourage me, and I him. My short term goals involve reaching out to 3 specific people I know. And to also prepare for the upcoming 'Power to Become' conference here at BYU-Idaho. Daily goals for this include expressing what I want my mentors to express to me (verbally reminding others of their strengths, and encouragement) and to pray for that they might be put in my path and mine in theirs. Also in connection with a different goal, updating my Linkedin profile conducting informational interviews weekly.

I feel excited, rejuvenated and refueled with passion, ready to take on this week!
A.J Frazier :)

Comments

  1. Sounds like great strides toward effective self management... Some would say time management, but I prefer self management. You are really the only one you can control. Stick with the effort to set and achieve meaningful goals, otherwise you have no real way to measure growth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like great strides toward effective self management... Some would say time management, but I prefer self management. You are really the only one you can control. Stick with the effort to set and achieve meaningful goals, otherwise you have no real way to measure growth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surrounded by knowledge and opportunity