Choose passion over money

What a wild week this has been. My thoughts and feelings are full of gratitude for the amazing institution of BYU-Idaho that is built upon principles of faith, passion, and sacrifice. After watching Guy Kawasaki's video on passion he said, "While at [school] life off your parents as long as you can". I, like Guy, am in quite a rush to get into the work force. He went on saying, "Go to the oversee's campus's as long as you can". Traveling can be an experience that broaden's your horizon and opportunities to contribute change the world. Out of the seven different habits given by Stephen Covey I would say "First seek to understand, then seek to be understood" has the most meaning to me personally. Deep down I want to be understood, clearly and without confusion, yet sometimes I think i'll come off too prideful and don't say anything. This miraculous formula of first, seeking to understand others, provides us with a way to come off approachable but also with purpose. I look forward to seeing where these principles will lead me. I feel very eager to go oversee's next semester and do humanitarian work through ILP. (International Language Programs) It is an opportunity that will give me business experience fundraising, as I will need to come up with the money, and also connecting with others. I feel a passion to help others in foreign country's, and an opportunity like this doesn't always come around.
Thanks for reading,
A.J.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surrounded by knowledge and opportunity