We can either become Bitter, or Better!

The readings were brilliant this week! I loved President/Sister Holland at the time, when they shared about visions and dreams. As an entrepreneur, I believe, you become one because of a dream you have. Like Abraham Lincoln, I have a dream too. A dream to change the world through healthier eating. In the book, "A filed guide for the Hero's Journey" the question is asked; do you think there is anything worth risking your life for? For me the Gospel of Jesus Christ is an obvious answer on what i'd be willing to live for, but also if necessary lay down my life in defense and sustaining it's teachings. A step down from there it then asks; "What are some things you wouldn't die for, but would be willing to fight hard for?" I have begun to realize that close friends I have relationships with, the family unit, and healthy eating is where my fighting takes place. I'm starting too look confidently more forward to my future as it has become more clear to me this week that this is a passion of mine. I learned from David Carrington's Acton Hero video about the importance of consistently developing new ideas. This week I found myself needing to update my resume. I set aside 30 minuets to do so, but ended up 1 1/2 hours in depth refining it. Right after I came out to the University parking lot where I parked my motorcycle to find that I had been cited not 1 but 2 parking tickets! How is that even possible, I don't know, but it happened. Not quite sure why I was cited I found myself reciting a saying I've picked up on a couple of weeks ago and it goes like this, "You can either become bitter, or better through God." This saying has brought a profound perspective change to the way I have started to look at my everyday challenges.

Stay tuned for next week, will be writing about an interview I'll be having with the founder of "Fight The New Drug", Clay Olson!



A.J :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surrounded by knowledge and opportunity