What motivates/drives me to feel important?


Course concepts that resonated with you this week = Woody Woodward's book Your Emotional Fingerprint asks the question, "What motivates and drives me to feel important? As I listened to this week's video by Jim Ritchie and was asked this question I felt a sense of responsibility to sincerely ask myself this question. Taylor Richards video Think Big was exceptional. I enjoyed his personal experience of winning two different awards based upon company's extraordinary success. This two concepts seemed to really do it for me this week. (https://vimeo.com/27928168) Do Watch !


Individual learning experiences = To be honest, this week I found myself experiencing two profound things that strengthened me. First, the importance of being grateful. Earlier this week I was told in the late evening by a very good friend that for my own personal growth I needed to recognize the good things around me. I'm privileged to be schooled at an incredible university, my relationship with my family is very good, I am developing my piano talent and seeing improvement daily, my health is good, and I know where I am going in life. That very night I had already started to feel better. The next day consisted of rejections after rejection, everything that could have gone wrong, seemed to go wrong, yet the pain didn't feel quite as large as usual. Not to make it sound like I get rejected all the time, because I don't, but my attitude was changing. I am extremely blessed to be here now at BYU-Idaho having amazing experiences with amazing friends. Second, the importance of having honest one on one talks with those you care for. I spoke with a friend this week and asked her why she wasn't joining us during our weekly Home Evening activities, a night once a week where family's, but in this case student apartments meet up and speak about becoming better individuals and then have an activity involving all of us. As I spoke with this girl she began to share with me personal struggles she were having that I would have otherwise not known unless I cared enough to ask her one on one. I hope to always remember this. Never underestimate the power of being a true personal friend to someone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surrounded by knowledge and opportunity