How should we view money?

Enjoy this week's blog about $$ :)

How can your view of money effect the way you live? I appreciate Steven W. Gibson's quote, "Money is neither good nor bad. The Love of money or the obsession with accumulating money from others unrighteously, no matter what the method, may be evil, but money in and of itself is neither good nor evil....It isn't the million dollars that is bad or evil but how it is used." If my view of money is clearly for no other reason than to please myself, such as buying cars, toys, technology or nice clothing, that it will soon never be enough. We will continue to want more, the next bigger and better thing. I found this to be true as I recently made a fairly large purchase buying a motor scooter. It runs a 50cc engine and goes about 45 mph top speed street, legal and not even requires a motorcycle license due to its small engine. Yet no more than a week later I found myself saying, "It's nice, but I wouldn't mind having something a little bit bigger and faster." I recently have started to try and change my perspective on having my scooter, which I believe can be applied to most anything, by asking this question, "Have I been able to serve someone today with my scooter?" Or, "How can I bless someones life today with my fortune?" It's not bad to have nice things, in fact I myself will probably own a big motorcycle or fast car one day. I just hope that i'll never place possessions such as these higher than I place my family relationships, or faith in God.


What is your attitude towards money A.J? I view money as a way of helping others and ourselves provide/protect those we love. This week I had an interesting experience regarding money. As many know, I love essential Oils!! For those who might not know, essential oils are a natural resource that, along with modern day medicine, is one of the best resources in staying healthy in all aspects of life. I think everyone should use them for themselves because they have helped me and my immensely. Because of this I hold an essential oil class allowed by the school to inform students on oils and what they can do for you. The school only allows me to inform the students not sell them, which is fine. This week I led a group of 5 in our oil class teaching, having fun, and passing around the unique oils to smell. I would love, long term, to build a team together and help promote essential oils but have struggled to find those who have similar desires. Nevertheless I love sharing oils no matter the outcome. My perspective is that each sample bottle I pass out I feel like it's influence is limitless. So passing out free sample bottles isn't a hard thing for me to do, I know the money will come in the end. Today my parents are very successful in the oil business, but it's not always been that way. "Just keep helping people" has been their words of advice and words of success.

What are some recommended rules for prospering? Don't send away those who are in need of clothing or turn away the hungry, nor the sick, and those who are not nourished. These are the scriptural rules given in The Book of Mormon Jacob 2:19. According to the text the following are rules for prospering. Seek the Lord and have hope in him. Keep the commandments such as paying tithes and offerings. Think about money and plan how you can become self-reliant. Take chances to learn so you won't be ignorant  of these matters. Learn the laws upon which the blessings of wealth are predicated. And don't send away the naked, the hungry, the thirsty or the sick or those who are held captive.

In summary I believe that money should be appreciated and even sought after, so you can have a bigger influence to do good. Yet should not be held onto or cleaved onto forever.

https://byui.brightspace.com/content/enforced/247926-Online.2017.Spring.B183.05/Course%20Files/Attitude%20on%20Money.pdf?_&d2lSessionVal=sKoQjfFk4fnqZhaZgOoNy7PC3&ou=247926 (Attitude on Money, Stephen W. Gibson)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surrounded by knowledge and opportunity