Starting to Cultivating the Entrepreneurial Spirit


I am happy to say that I am beginning to feel a great spirit of intuition and creativity within me. I'm looking forward to implementing my idea; "Rent a Scooter!" 
I really enjoyed reading the story of Evan Williams the early co-founder and CEO of Twitter. He experienced many of different challenges. As a sophomore in college Evan dropped out, then moved to Florida being a 'direct marketing guru.' Eventually he began helping start up a company called 'Odeo.' Odeo's success was limited due to Apple's competitive progressive nature. Yet at this point an opportunity arose as an undergrad at New York University Jack Dorsey entered on the team with Evan Williams. United, Twitter came to be. Twitter's value as of 2013 was 9 million dollars. This I feel is a great example how we should welcome opportunities and new ideas as Entrepreneurs. Larry North of the Acton foundation spoke to my heart as he shared his story. Throughout his video he said things like, "believe in yourself, family, community, and those around you. Latch onto those who have good success. Don't just seek advice, sometimes putting it to good use can pay dearly."
Lastly I share advice given to me that occurred in a job interview and also from Stan Christensen. The company interviewing me was of Jacob Lake Inn. The interviewer, who was also the boss, began speaking to me about their rules and regulations I would be asked to live by. Towards the end she said, "Will you thrive if you come and work for Jacob Lake Inn?" This comment caused me to think deeply about myself. Stan Christensen spoke about unhelpful and false assumptions titling his message Avoid the Wrong Job. Referring to finding the right job for you he said, "So many people pick a job because they believe that in 2-3 years they will get higher in the company. Pick something you think is fun and enjoyable, but also something you will prosper and thrive at."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surrounded by knowledge and opportunity